Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I have a theory...

and it has nothing to do with cheese. or bunnies.

I think airlines are behind America's driving need to be thin.

No, seriously, hear me out.

OK, on order to fit comfortably in an airline seat anymore, you must be under a certain size that i myself have not seen since i was about 5 months pregnant. The seats are this small so that the airline can fit more people on the plane. Thereby making it more money.
A couple of years ago, I got upgraded to first class. I got a hot breakfast, complete with fruit, eggs, roasted potatoes and beverage of my choice. Now, you are lucky to get a packet with crackers and spread cheese. And that is only on long flights. Thereby saving the airlines money.
In order to get onto the plane, you must either a) walk down a 2 mile walkway into the hobbit hole they call an airplane door, or b) walk up a NAAAROOOW rickety little rolling ladder to same said hobbit hole. The point being that you have to be at least a little athletic to get into the damn plane in the first place. Thereby making you a smaller person once you are on the plane, one they do not need to provide snacks nor large seating for.
OK, maybe that was stretching it a bit.
What can I say? It's just a theory.

No comments: