Monday, February 25, 2008

My Super Bowl

This is what I wait for all year. And let me tell, I am always going to watch with TiVo from now on.

Things I loved:
  • Amy Adams singing number. "The Happy Working Song". I immediately got up and put in a load of laundry.
  • The number from "Once". Heart breaking.
  • Daniel Day-Lewis. His acceptance speeches are always so sweet and heartfelt.
  • Diablo Cody. So sweet. And I don't care what Blackwell will say, she rocked the leopard. It was original and so obviously her.
  • Jon Stewart. I was ROLLING with laughter.
  • Javier Bardem. And Marion Cotillard. And everyone who was so obviously sincere in their thank you speech.
  • Jon Stewart bringing Marketa Irglova back onstage so she could give her beautiful acceptance speech.
  • The montage of all 79 Best Picture winners. It will totally help with my quiz playing.
  • Frances McDormant being so obviously thrilled for her husband's triple win. You could see them making happy faces at each other during Scott Rudin's speech.
  • Katherine Heigl being so gorgeous and so nervous during her presentation.
  • The blessedly short acceptance speech from the honorary winner. Remember when Warren Beatty wouldn't shut up?!?!
  • Jennifer Garner's, Amy Adams', Jennifer Hudson's, Cate Blanchett's, Nicole Kidman's, Renee Zellwegger's, Katherine Heigl's, Laura Linney's, Hillary Swank's, Helen Mirren's and Miley Cyrus' dresses.

Things I hated:
  • Jerry Seinfeld presenting as The Bee Movie bee. I mean, seriously? What?
  • Heath Ledger getting no mention besides a glimpse of a slide. Though I did love Daniel Day Lewis including him in his Golden Globe acceptance speech.
  • Tilda Swinton using her acceptance speech to make fun of George Clooney. Yes. He did some bad movies. But now he is nominated for a higher award than you, so what what!?!
  • The mind numbing presentation from the head of the Academy. I know they have it every year. I know I hate it every year.
  • Regis Philbin.
  • Rebecca Miller's, Marion Cotillard's, Cameron Diaz's, Ellen Page's, Tilda Swinton's, Anne Hathaway's, and Jessica Alba's dresses.

So, all in all, more ggod than bad. What did you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am an Oscar NUT. I too loved that Jon Stewart brought the Once winner back onstage. And I agreed with you about everything else although I actually loved Marion's dress. But my taste is unique--I've always known this.

Anonymous said...

My beautiful best friend-
Of COURSE I did not watch the Oscars and I have no idea what you get out of watching them. I believe I was probably watching "Redneck Wedding" or "COPS" during your Superbowl. Or maybe the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet. But that is why we are so perfect for each other...you can teach me about art and acting and what dresses people should not wear and why. You can explain to me why I shouldn't wear a jacket that touches my ankels even though it's comfortable. I can teach your husband to pee your name on the sidewalk when he's feeling romantic. I can help him buy you a car when he has no clue what he's doing. We are the perfect combination. I love you!!!