Things I loved:
- Amy Adams singing number. "The Happy Working Song". I immediately got up and put in a load of laundry.
- The number from "Once". Heart breaking.
- Daniel Day-Lewis. His acceptance speeches are always so sweet and heartfelt.
- Diablo Cody. So sweet. And I don't care what Blackwell will say, she rocked the leopard. It was original and so obviously her.
- Jon Stewart. I was ROLLING with laughter.
- Javier Bardem. And Marion Cotillard. And everyone who was so obviously sincere in their thank you speech.
- Jon Stewart bringing Marketa Irglova back onstage so she could give her beautiful acceptance speech.
- The montage of all 79 Best Picture winners. It will totally help with my quiz playing.
- Frances McDormant being so obviously thrilled for her husband's triple win. You could see them making happy faces at each other during Scott Rudin's speech.
- Katherine Heigl being so gorgeous and so nervous during her presentation.
- The blessedly short acceptance speech from the honorary winner. Remember when Warren Beatty wouldn't shut up?!?!
- Jennifer Garner's, Amy Adams', Jennifer Hudson's, Cate Blanchett's, Nicole Kidman's, Renee Zellwegger's, Katherine Heigl's, Laura Linney's, Hillary Swank's, Helen Mirren's and Miley Cyrus' dresses.
Things I hated:
- Jerry Seinfeld presenting as The Bee Movie bee. I mean, seriously? What?
- Heath Ledger getting no mention besides a glimpse of a slide. Though I did love Daniel Day Lewis including him in his Golden Globe acceptance speech.
- Tilda Swinton using her acceptance speech to make fun of George Clooney. Yes. He did some bad movies. But now he is nominated for a higher award than you, so what what!?!
- The mind numbing presentation from the head of the Academy. I know they have it every year. I know I hate it every year.
- Regis Philbin.
- Rebecca Miller's, Marion Cotillard's, Cameron Diaz's, Ellen Page's, Tilda Swinton's, Anne Hathaway's, and Jessica Alba's dresses.
So, all in all, more ggod than bad. What did you think?