Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Baby and the Beach

Carli Jay Hopkins.

Born February 6, 2009.

I KNOW. 7 WEEKS AGO. SHEESH.




She is gorgeous and smiley. She is happy and calm and everything that Violet wasn't in the first 7 weeks. Often I get to sleep for 5 hours at a time, and rarely do I not know why she is crying. She is lovely, and we are so very blessed.


Life has not been all roses, though. I had a serious dip in my depression, even while maintaining my med usage. There were at least 3 days in the first 2 weeks when I didn't leave my bed. I cried. I snuggled with Carli. I snuggled with Violet when she came into my room. Thank God, Jason was home with me; he watched Vi and gently coaxed me out of my hole. I finally broke out, thanks to him and switching to bottle feeding. I know not everyone will agree with me, but the only way i could bounce back was to rid my body of that hormone shift. Carli is doing very well on her formula, and is growing like a weed. And I am happy, and more importantly, out of bed.


We are now in Florida with my mom and dad. Jason has been offered a job here on the gulf, and it looks like Alaska will have to do without us. It is gorgeous here.


I'm back, baby.


PS: Vi loves being a big sister. No attempts on Carli's life yet. :)

3 comments:

She Likes Purple said...

She's perfect!

I have nursed for the past seven weeks but my supply has always been low and it's only dwindling. When I go back to work next week, I think it'll be the beginning of the end. It crushes me but more so for the judgment and opinions I'm sure to be bombarded with. Anyway ... enough of all that.

I hope you're doing well, hun. A happy mom is the most important thing. And she's growing and healthy and perfect.

xoxo

Lisa said...

How beautiful!

Emily said...

Ely and Carli are birthday buddies! I miss the BZ boards, but just don't have the time to devote to them anymore, much like most moms on there, I'm sure. But I miss hearing about you and your family! And don't beat yourself up about not breastfeeding; I had to quit within a week because Ely had a bad case of jaundice and needed to be supplemented with formula. He, being stubborn in an oh-so-cute way, wouldn't look back after the first bottle. Oh well. Kids need to eat, doesn't really matter how they get it, just as long as they do!